While shopping for area rug, often the question may come to your mind about which material should you choose. You cannot afford to buy a rug just by its looks only and you need to see many other attributes too. It is essential to know where the rug will be used and how much exposure will it get. In case, you are planning to use these rugs in an area where there is too much of traffic then which is the right material to use. Therefore, in this small write up we are providing few guidelines to choose the right kind of rug for your use.
Wool is a standout amongst the most widely recognized material used in assembling zone floor covering. It is a well-known decision on account of its delicate quality and long-life expectancy.
- Wool rug coverings are solid, sturdy, and flexible. It will remain excellent even when it is present in an area where there is great deal of traffic movement.
- Wool has a brilliant water safe capacity when it is pre-treated with lanolin or other waterproofing operators. The dry condition makes it outstanding amongst other floor coverings for dust mite hypersensitivity.
- Wool is a characteristic fiber obtained from a green source. It is collected from a sheep and can be again gown back. Sourced from an animal fiber, it is biodegradable and can be easily recycled.
- It can conceal dirt quite well. Individuals won’t see dirt in the wool carpet even under a brilliant light. The soil generally gathered high in the heap can be very easily cleaned with vacuum cleaner.
- Old woolen carpets tend to build up an incredible patina that give them a richer texture after some time.
- It offers incredible protection. Being the fiber of a sheep, it has a decent capacity to keep warm the room. It can successfully trap warm when it is frosty cool outside during the winter.
- Other than being the best floor coverings for dust mite sensitivity, it can oppose blazes well. Numerous office and business structures have introduced woolen area rugs at the passageway entryway as a safety measure in the event of any fire crisis.
- The main drawback of woolen rug floor covering is that it is expensive because of the complicated production and manufacturing method.
Cotton area rug
Cotton is the most widely recognized kind of material used in making carpets. It is a characteristic vegetable fiber reaped from cotton plants. Regularly cotton is used in the establishment yet some deliver piles made of cotton.
- Cotton carpets are extraordinary as compared to any other floor coverings for dust mite hypersensitivity as it is hypoallergenic and does not cause any kind of skin problems. It is also fine for newborn children and small children.
- It is sturdy and can be washed in a clothes washer. It won’t end up harmed regardless of whether you wash it over and over.
- It can assimilate the color extremely well so it tends to be colored in numerous colorful patterns.
- It is cheap and accessible in many different designs.
- Cotton area floor covering absorbs water, so it can stay wet for quite a while when you didn’t take it out to dry. This can lead to mold, especially if the water isn’t removed quickly.