Reusable bags serve as a great marketing tool for any business. These bags can be customized in a variety of forms, material being one of them. The type and quality of materials with which your bag is manufactured holds a lot of significance for a business. There is a wide assortment of fabrics and materials that can be considered to form a bag. Let us know about the different materials, its pros and cons to make the right decision.
These types of reusable bags are available in organic cotton, traditional cotton, and recycled form of cotton. Cotton comes in varying weights that range between ten to twelve ounces. Compared to the various other materials, bags made using cotton are cheap as hell and regarded as the best reusable bags for your grocery needs. Some of the advantages offered by these bags include:
- Biodegradable or Natural plant fiber
- Renewable resource
- Strong and durable
- Smooth, and soft to touch
- Widely available in different parts of the world
- Can be machine washed in cold water. Air drying is often advised to lessen shrinkage and preserve the life of any printing.
- This material serves as the perfect ‘canvas’ for printing of logo on reusable bags.
Fibers made using Hemp are considered to be the Earth’s strongest, longest, and highly durable fibers. It is many times stronger than cotton material. Some of the benefits offered by this bag are:
- Extremely durable, strong and rot resistant
- Easily grows in poor soils with less quantity of water
- Soft and smooth in nature
- Can be machine washed as well as dried
- Gets stronger with time
- Can easily blend with other materials. This makes it highly desirable.
Jute is again a very popular material used in the manufacture of reusable bags. It is a natural plant fiber that offers following benefits to its users. Some of them being:
- Serves as a natural renewable resource
- It is compostable and biodegradable
- Well cultivated in mostly all parts of the world
- Highly durable
- Grows in areas where high rainfall is observed. It needs little to no irrigation or pesticides
- Can easily be blended with other types of fabrics that includes nonwoven polypropylene
This material is a type of a flexible resin polymer. These bags in nonwoven state are considered to be the best reusable form of grocery bags. They are available at low price and possess relative low durability. Though one can get polypropylene bags in woven form, but they are not very common as a material. There are several different types of woven polypropylene bags in the market that offers below mentioned benefits.
- Very sturdy
- Can be manufactured using recycled materials
- Resistant towards chemicals
- Can be woven, that makes it a lot less porous and easy to wipe clean
- Available in an extensive variety of color options
Manufacturing and shipping of reusable bags have a lot of influence on the environment. Getting an in-depth knowledge of these bags would assist your business in making the right selection.